Monday, May 23, 2011

KLASHIN sung at a Baptist prayer meeting: Another view of Cleansing Blood

- - - Doing right is even harder than it looks - - -
Cleansing blood from a non - Christian view.

I think of the first time I heard the Klashin sung in this country.
It was in a Baptist Church, of all places, at a Wednesday night prayer meeting.
I was horrified.  The Somali teenager singing the thing had a beautiful voice
which contrasted sharply with the blatant anti-semitism and blood lust the song
so graphically describes.  I think I was the only person there that realized what
the teenager was singing except the visiting imam from a local college.  The
imam rushed to shut the teenager up when he realized I understood the words.
He was not concerned until he saw the look on my face.

It was so horrible that the 17 year old had been in the country for more than
three years and still thought the song beautiful.  As the young man said, "I miss
hearing the Klashin sung over Somali radio most."

The Klashin (klasheen) is a song about what will be done to the Israeli's with an
AK-47 which is known in some parts of the world as a klashin.

So sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment:

/* this goes with div id=sidebar */ /* goes with id=sidebar2 */