Thursday, May 19, 2011

Back scatter machines - dangerous? Naahh...

- - - Doing right is even harder than it looks.

The back scatter machines test for explosives and things the other machines can not
detect.

"Use dogs.  Use the technique that has worked best for decades."

Cancerous risk should be small according to the TSA.  "Truly trivial amount of radiation." says
the TSA. 
The device used to test the machines may not be appropriate to high speed pencil beam
that is the heart of the back scatter machine.  This generates intense radiation for very very short
periods of time on any given part of your body.

There are no independent tests results available to the public at this time.

For me I think I will opt for the pat down and hope I do not get a freak doing the
pat down.

propublica.org  I think that is the site mentioned on the radio - so I am unsure of the spelling.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment:

/* this goes with div id=sidebar */ /* goes with id=sidebar2 */