Monday, May 16, 2011

Joy Behar and 'whats her name'

- - - Doing right is even harder than it looks.- - -


Who is Joy Behar?   I read her name in an Italian comic's biography.   I think his name was
Cooper which doesnt sound Italian. Guess he changed his name.

I watched The View once.  I thought it was pretty bad.  But I'm sure it could make
a reasonably good game show.  It is my opinion that between the three  hosts, Whoopi
Goldberg, Joy Behar and Barbara Walters  there are only 2 active brain cells.
 Barbara appears to be hogging both of them most of the time.

My idea would have the guest where periodically guess where the 2 active brain cells
reside. If the guests gets it right over half the time, they no longer have to come
on the show again no matter what their agent tells them.

How do people like Behar keep good paying jobs?  I wonder what is her talent?
Even kids in the 70's recognized that Barbara Walters had no journalistic talents.
Now other talents youthful pundits and drones recognized instantly.
And it turns out that she was and is very proud of her private talents.

Which I suppose is misnomer since she did publish a book in which Ms. Walters'
private talents were heralded as being beyond resistance for at least one prominent
politician.  So I suppose her privates have become public.  Considering her
demeanor and appearance that could be huge win for birth control.

But Behar she must have been something to someone sometime. She does have a child.
Whats her name who never says anything and swears she will never apologize for saying nothing appears with Behar.  Whats her name has gotten all her friends and family to write stories
about her and published the stories.  Why people buy the books I do not know.
I've never seen whats her names books. I think her name is Handler. She says she had
a mean ethnic grandmother. I hope she is not some color because then I will have to
experience some color of relief. Brown, Black, Yellow, Red, Plaid, Freckled, Polka Dotted, White
Off Color, Blind, Disabled, Impaired, sexually modified, conceptually mollified or whatever
kind of  ---RELIEF----
Because whats her name was making such a thing about her(Handler I think) being really down on her grandmother and all her friends grandmothers.
I think What's her name is going to be the next David Letterman or something.
I guess mean grandmothers are the rough equivalent of stupid pet jokes for women.
I think she has adopted a neuter gender probably because late night is not yet
ready for a female wanna be comic.  (Lord knows Joan Rivers has tried and tried.  And tried to make Late Night work for a woman.)

Handler just didn't sound funny.
But then Letterman was never funny.  Except for his looks. I never did hear him as funny.  
He certainly was not clever.
Unless, you think 11 year old kids throwing rocks or fruit and then running away is
amusing.

I remember throwing rocks and fruit down on the road when I was a kid.  When we were called down
by a neighbor who asked why we were dropping rocks on the road we offered a lame explanation.
"Mr. Turpin, we just wanted to see if they were going to bust."

His was to the point in his reply,
"What are you simple or something? Of course they are going to bust. And if a car comes around
that curve and hits them rocks a tires gonna bust. And then your daddies is gonna bust your butts when
they hear.  Now get down there and get them rocks off the road before another car comes."

We got the rocks off the road. While commenting on how stupid it was to throw rocks on the road.
And muttering how mean Mr. Turpin was.  But we knew Mr. Turpin wasn't mean. He was just telling us
not to do stupid stuff that could cost or hurt someone.

Maybe I just don't get it.   But I think Mr. Letterman is simple, unfunny and mean.   It is stupid for anyone of any gender to aspire to such a things.  But Handler or whatever her name is already makes many times the minimum wage. There is a market for mean and there is a market for crazy.  There always has been a big demand for mean.  Crazy is a hot commodity right now. The world can't get enough of crazy.
But it will get a lot more.

And then it will be time to be mean. The world will not be able to get enough mean.
Mean is going to be very hot soon. White hot. The rise in temperature will be logarithmic.

-0-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment:

/* this goes with div id=sidebar */ /* goes with id=sidebar2 */